Interfaith Ministries of Denton, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that serves individuals and families in need with short term assistance.

Our history started in 1991, when several area churches came together to provide multiple services under one roof in a central downtown location. The churches pooled resources, freeing their own church ministers and staff from providing fragmented services.  Interfaith was officially chartered by the State of Texas in October of 1992 as the Social Action Committee and the name was changed in 1993 to Interfaith Ministries of Denton, Inc. 

Today, Interfaith serves over 3,000 people a year as the primary resource for emergency basic needs assistance in Northern Denton County with the goal of helping those people to become self-sufficient. We are still supported by several area faith-based affiliates as well as individual donors, the United Way of Denton County, contracts, grant funding, and other special events. 

Interfaith started in a corner of First United Methodist Church in Denton. FUMC continues to play a vital role in all of our programs and services by providing monetary, in-kind, and human (volunteers) resources on a regular basis. 

Interfaith started in a corner of First United Methodist Church in Denton. FUMC continues to play a vital role in all of our programs and services by providing monetary, in-kind, and human (volunteers) resources on a regular basis. 

In 1997, we moved to 109 W. Sycamore. The Denton Community Food Center now occupies this entire building, but from 1997-2008, they shared the space with us. 

In 1997, we moved to 109 W. Sycamore. The Denton Community Food Center now occupies this entire building, but from 1997-2008, they shared the space with us. 

In 2008, we moved to our little house at 1109 N. Elm  - a space big enough to serve the growing amount of people we see today. 

In 2008, we moved to our little house at 1109 N. Elm  - a space big enough to serve the growing amount of people we see today.